To be eligible for a YTF grant, individuals should apply with an abstract, a 1-page curriculum vitae and one letter of recommendation. The candidates should include with the application their full address, phone and fax numbers and their e-mail address. All applications for YTF grants must be made via the application/registration form. Verification of a FEBS constituent society membership as well as a letter of recommendation must be sent by e-mail attachment to the FEBS-MPST2011 secretariat ().>
Applicants for a FEBSYTF should:
- be registered as student at an institution of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society, or be within five years of having completed a PhD thesis;
- be a member of a National FEBS Constituent Society;
- not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend an Advanced Course in the current year (2011) or received a grand to attend the Forum for Young Scientists (held at the annual FEBS Congress) in the current year.
Applicant for a TransYTF from regions outside the FEBS area should:
- should be a student at an institution of higher learning in a country where there is a IUBMB-related international society such as FASBMB (Africa) / ASBMB (North America) / PABMB (South America & Canada), FAOBMB (Asia).
- must be members of any IUBMB-related national or international societies mentioned under a.
- must be young scientists with a PhD or be within five years of obtaining his/her PhD.
- must not have received a TransYTF grant to attend a Course in the current year.
Awards will only be made to persons traveling from their current country of residence to another country.
Where support for travelling is given, the amount of the award shall be related to the distance from the applicant's place of work to the venue of the meeting.
The awards shall be made by the Treasurer in consultation with the Course Organizers.
Only in exceptional circumstances may any of these conditions be waived.
Western European participants will receive up to 80% of their travel and Eastern European participants will receive 100%. The entire course fee will be paid.